$355.00 (non-refundable) Fee
- Cash, Check or Money Order Payable to the City of Austin. The application fee is non-refundable.
Proof of Current Property Insurance
- Declarations, Information or Summary Pages from your Policy
Proof of Payment of City of Austin Hotel Occupancy Taxes
- Copy of cancelled check, AND
- Copy of the Most Recent Quarter Tax report submitted to the City Controller’s Office, OR
- If you have not had any renters in this quarter, a copy of the zero report filed
The license must be renewed before it expires. If the owner and/or street address of the STR have changed, you MUST submit a new application with signatures from all owners and the owner’s agent, if applicable. If other application information has changed, the information must be sent in a letter signed by the owner, without having to submit a new application.
To renew the Operating License of your Short Term Rental (STR), the required documents and licensing fee can be mailed or brought in to our office. Mail to: City of Austin – Austin Code Department, Attn: Finance – STR, PO Box 1088, Austin, TX 78767. OR you may visit our office at 5202 East Ben White Blvd Unit 5, Ste 550, Austin, TX 78741 between 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.